Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on Wii U (WiiU)
Cheats, game codes, unlockables, hints, easter eggs, glitches, guides, walkthroughs, trophies, achievements, screenshots, videos and more for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on Wii U.
Navigate using the buttons above or scroll down to browse the Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze cheats we have available for Wii U. The most trustworthy items get the most 'thumbs up' from our users and appear nearer the top!
We have 6 user entries submitted for for this game on this platform at the moment. If you something more to share submit it here!
- Genre: Platform
- Platforms: Wii U
- Developer: Retro Studios,Nintendo SPD Group No.3,Monster Games, Inc.
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Ratings: PEGI 3, ESRB E
- First Release (Any platform):
We also have a page for this game on....
Hints and Tips Hints
- There is no time limit. Feel free to take as long as you need in each level.
- Learn how to use the secondary characters' abilities, and choose them based on the ability that will help you the most.
- The pig in the barrel marks the level checkpoint. If you cross the checkpoint, you will respawn there if you die and have Red Balloons.
- You will get a Red Balloon if you collect 100 bananas.
- If you get all of the bananas in bonus rooms, you will be rewarded with puzzle pieces.
- Bananas also charge Donkey Kong's ability, which turns enemies into items you can collect.
- Keep an eye on your character's hearts. Your partners will disappear when they lose all of their hearts, and then Donkey Kong can take damage. When you lose all of your hearts, you will lose a life.
- While underwater, keep an eye on your air meter. Replenish it by either swimming to the surface or by using air bubbles.
- Search for collectibles everywhere. Your Ground Pound can break things and possible help you find new areas. There are many secrets and hidden items.
- If you need to bounce on an enemy to reach a collectible/banana/etc., but you kill the enemy by mistake, go back in the direction you came from for a moment. The enemy will respawn, giving you another chance.
- Use your gold coins to buy items at Funky's Fly 'n' Buy shop. You can take up to 3 items with you when you enter a stage. Items include:
- Banana Juice - This gives Donkey Kong temporary invincibility
- Crash Guard - This shields you while you're on the Mine Cart and Rocket Barrel
- Squawk - This notifies you when puzzle pieces are nearby. You can only use a single Squawk in a level.
Idle Animation Easter Eggs
Donkey Kong's idle animation when you haven't done anything for a while is to get out a 3DS and start playing it. He will either play Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, which you can identify by their music. He will play multiple 5-second sections of each game.
Store Shopping Easter Eggs
When you shop at Funky Kong's Fly 'n' Buy store, his dialogue for the Crash Guard item includes, "It's dangerous to go alone take one of these!" This references the famous line, "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this" from the original Legend of Zelda game.
Theme Song Easter Eggs
If you head left at the start of Level 1-1: Mangrove Cove, you can enter the airplane and find static-filled TV screens. If you Ground Pound beneath them, they will display the Donkey Kong Country Returns title screen and play its opening theme song.
Opening Theme Song Easter Eggs
If you continue past the ending barrel in Level 1-3: Canopy Chaos, you can destroy a box to find a jump spring. It will take you to a secret platform. On the middle platform, use either Cranky Kong or Dixie Kong's abilities to make it to another platform above you and to the right. You will see the record player Cranky had at the start of Donkey Kong Country. Ground Pound beside it and it will play the Donkey Kong Country opening theme song.
The platforms in this section are from the original Donkey Kong.
Metroid Easter Eggs
In Secret Level 1-B: Busted Bayou, Samus's Gunship from Metroid is in the background around where you find the letter K.
Questions and Answers