'Super Cancel' can be used to gain control of players who have been pre-programmed to move already. By pushing both triggers at the same time R1/L1 you can cancel what your player was about to do and also alter the direction they were set to run in.
If you see an opportunity that is better than the pre-programmed action of the player, use super cancel to get them do do what you want instead. Also it can be used to cancel a pass when you've already pressed the button.
Real Club Names, Badges, Kits - Option Files
Due to licensing restrictions in PES 2017 there are some 'real' team kits, badges and club names missing from the game (these have been replaced by slightly obscure versions of team names and kits that bear a passing resemblance to the original!).
There is however for PS4 and PC players a way to get around this problem by using a PES 2017 patch called an 'Option File'.
Just google 'PES 2017 option files' and you'll find lots on offer created by fans of the game.
How to import option files on the PS4.
- Format a USB drive to FAT 32 (using your desktop computer, insert the drive, right click and 'format', select FAT32
- Created a folder on the drive called WEPES
- Copy the option files in the WEPES folder ensuring they are first unzipped (if they were zipped in the first place)
- Insert the USB into your PS4 and open the PES2017 menu
- Go to the 'Edit' then 'Data Management' options and finally 'Import/Export'
- Select 'Import Team', tick all of the boxes on the following pages entitled 'Select File'
- On the 'Detailed Settings' page leave both boxes unticked.
- The import should then take a little while to complete
- Once done make sure you click 'Save' on the 'Data Management' page which opens!
Caveat - Unfortunately if you want tournament logos these still must be manually added by following this process
- Go back to 'Data Management', 'Import/Export' and select 'Import Images'
- Select the 'Competition Emblembs' option and tick all of the images you'd like
- Hit OK
- Once the images have been imported you need to assign them to tournaments manually by drilling down to the 'Competition Category' pages which follow
Go through training!
Don't skip the tutorials, there are many facets to the game that are more quickly and easily learned and practised to perfection by going through the in-game training.