Elite: Dangerous Cheats on Playstation 4 (PS4)
- First Released: Dec 15, 2014
- Genres: Role-playing (RPG), Simulator, Strategy, Adventure, Indie
- Platforms: Mac,PC,Xbox One,PlayStation 4
- Developer: Frontier Developments Ltd.
- Publisher: Frontier Developments Ltd.
- Ratings: PEGI 7, ESRB T
Are you enjoying Elite: Dangerous?
Click a score button below to add your rating... or even Write a review!
Xenomorph Eggs?Easter Eggs
Ridley Scott Station has a special commodity called “leathery eggs,” a reference to Ridley Scott’s Alien franchise. The description for the item mentions that they are actually props.
Voyager 1 and 2Easter Eggs
The Voyager probes, sent to explore the edges of the solar system and beyond, can be found in Elite: Dangerous. The two probes are quite far away and can be tricky to reach, but you can find it if you line up properly and travel toward it. Use the video guides below to help you find Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 (and learn some additional information about them, as well).
NPC NamesEaster Eggs
Many NPCs have names that reference real-life people or fictional characters. These include:
- Elvis Presley
- Eddie the Eagle
- Jimi Hendrix
- Homer Simpson
- Bunsen Honeydew
- Flash Gorgon (not misspelled)
- Hugo Chavez
- Zap Brannigan
- Sarl Cagan
- Syd Barrett
- Arthur Dent
It is not surprising that there are many names like this in the game, as backers for the game were allowed to submit names.
Unusual ShipsEaster Eggs
You can encounter wedding barges, cruise ships, and funeral processions.
Pratchett's DiscEaster Eggs
There is a station called Pratchett’s Disc in honor of Terry Pratchett, the author of the Discworld series, who passed away in 2015.
Leonard Nimoy StationEaster Eggs
The planet Vulcan (itself a Star Trek reference) is orbited by a station that originally had a generic name. It was renamed to Leonard Nimoy Station, in honor of the actor who played Spock, after he passed away in 2015.
Here are a few tips to earn easy money.
- The economies of the colonies are important. Each has a special commodity, as well as other commodities in high demand. Buy extra cargo from colonies that sell it at a lower price, and take it to places where you can sell it for a high price.
- In Low-Intensity Combat Zones, you can scan for wanted/enemy NPCs without putting yourself at risk.
- Find ships that are on their own and destroy them.
- Search for discarded containers, since many have contents you can sell.