If you’ve got a non-responsive PS4 then the first thing we recommend you do is visit the official Playstation 4 support forums operated by Sony. This is the link.
If you want to follow our unofficial, non-warranted advice then you do so solely at your own risk! That said, here is something that has worked for some people – putting the console into safe mode and then recovering the operating system.
- Turn off the Playstation 4.
- Take out the hard-drive. Follow this guide to do so.
- Turn on the PS4. It should boot into “safe mode” and request you insert a hard-drive (after turning it off).
- So turn off the console, re-insert the HDD and turn it on again.
- The PS4 shoud boot into safe-mode again and start recovering the operating system itself.
- When it finishes it should reboot into the normal operating system/UI automatically.
Warning: never remove or insert the hard-drive will your PS4 is turned on! Good luck!