Orange Pegs Last
Do not attempt to clear the orange pegs immediately. For the highest scores, you should first get skillshots and then clear as many blue pegs as you can before you hit the final orange peg.
Drunken Monkey Ball
If you bounce the ball across from one side to the other and back in a zig-zag pattern you will get "the monkey ball".
The monkey ball will clear all the blue balls and you only will have red balls left over.
You will recieve all the points as one big combo shot.
Masters and Challenges
If you have all of the Masters unlocked, you will be able to choose your Master for certain challenges. Therefore, it is a good idea to complete the main game before you work on the harder challenges, although some of the early ones can help you learn new tricks to use during the game.
More Precise Aim
If you hold down the shoulder buttons, you can adjust your aim slowly and precisely.
You will earn bonus points for performing skillshots. The basic skillshots are:
- Long Shot - Hit one peg, and then hit another (non-blue) peg that is far away.
- Free Ball - Hit only a single peg and then land in the bucket.
- Mad Skills - Get five free balls in a row.
- Extreme Slide - Slide your ball off of a row of 12 pegs.
- Off the Wall - Bounce from the side of the stage into a non-blue peg.
- Kick the Bucket - Bounce off of the bucket to hit the final orange peg.
- Lucky Bounce - Bounce off of the bucket and land in it.
- Orange Attack - Get many orange pegs with a single shot.
There are also Master skillshots, which involve using the Masters' powers to clear a lot of pegs.
Reset Stage Layout
Take a look at the stage before you begin. If its layout will make it hard to get a high score, you can go into the menu and restart the stage.
If you want to complete a challenge that asks you to perform many skillshots, you should try for the Free Ball and Mad Skills skillshots, as they can be the easiest.
You can wait to begin your turn until the bucket is in a useful spot. This works especially well if you intend to clear only a few key pegs and then land the ball in the bucket. Holding down the X button at the start makes the bucket move faster, so you can quickly get it to the spot that will help you.
When you hit pegs, your multiplier will increase, but it will reset when you hit an orange peg. Pink pegs will double your points for that turn whenever you hit one, although they move positions after each turn. You'll get a free ball if you get enough points in a single move, and you'll also get a free ball and bonus points if your ball lands in the bucket. You should always try to end by landing in the bucket.
There are five different Masters you can unlock, each with a unique ability. You can use their abilities when you hit green pegs.
- You start with Bjorn the Unicorn. His ability is the Super Guide, which shows you the trajectory your ball will take after it bounces off of a peg. Bjorn is the best Master for the low-score challenges, for performing the Long Shot skillshot, and for moments when you only have a few pegs left to clear. You can also practice with his ability to help you learn to judge where your ball will go.
- Jeffrey the Troll's ability provides you with a boulder for one of your shots. The boulder will clear any pegs in its path. It is a good way to clear lots of pegs at the start of a level, and it is easy to aim the boulder into the bucket. If the stage contains immovable bumpers, barriers that take two hits to clear, or orange pegs blocked by lots of blue pegs, you should consider using Jeff.
- Berg the Yeti freezes the board with his ice breath, which causes the pegs to slide when the ball hits them and bump into other pegs. Aim for large clusters of pegs to get the maximum benefit from his ability. Berg is the best Master for brick-based stages.
- Luna the Ghost makes all of the blue pegs on the board temporarily vanish, as well as bringing your cleared blue pegs back as ghost pegs you can pass through for additional points. If you are using Luna's power, don't just use it to help you reach tricky orange pegs, but also to increase your score with the returned blue pegs.
- Gnorman the Gnome's ability electrifies pegs that are hit by the ball. Electrified pegs activate the two closest pegs, so each hit with the ball can clear three pegs. For general stages, Gnorman is the best Master to use, as his ability helps you collect the most pegs at once.
Bjorn and Luna's powers are both good ones to use for the final Fever Shot of the stage. Luna's will give you the highest reward.
You only can use Masters' abilities for a limited amount of time, so don't aim for the green pegs right away wait until the moment when you can use the powers to earn the most points.