Once you fill your meter through repeated attacks, you can use an Umbran Climax to deal more damage. Try to save it for bosses or when you're in a tricky situation, such as being surrounded by enemies.
Earn Halos Easily
To easily earn Halos, go to the Gates of Hell and buy Crow Within, Gaze of Despair, and Selene's Light. Then start Chapter 10. Head east and use Crow Within to fly over to a chest. Open it to get Mida's Testament. Leave the chapter and repeat the process until you have 20 or more Mida's Testaments. Equip Mida's Testament as an item, and also equip Gaze of Despair and Selene's Light.
Next, start Chapter 14 on at least the 2nd Climax difficulty setting. Use Mida's Testament and Umbran Climax to build up huge combos to get a lot of Halos. The Bracelet of Time and a supply of Purple Lollipops are also useful here. It is possible to earn millions of Halos within 5-10 minutes using this method.
Bayonetta can perform several special attacks.
- After Burner Kick - Jump and kick. You can do this in the air.
- Bat Within - Perform a perfect evasion.
- Breakdance - Hold the evade button.
- Charge Bullet - Charge this attack by holding the action button, and then press it again.
- Crow Within - In mid-air, press the evade button, and then the left analog stick two times.
- Heel Slide - Press the left analog stick forward two times, and then kick. You can't do this in the air.
- Heel Stomp - Press the left analog stick back, then forward, and then kick. You can do this in the air.
- Heel Tornado - Hold the evade button, and then kick. You can do this in the air.
- Panther Within - As you land, press the evade button, then the left analog stick two times.
- Snake Within - Go under the way and press the evade button, followed by pressing the left analog stick two times.
- Stiletto - Press the left analog stick forward two times, and then punch. You can do this in the air.
- Tetsuzanko - Press the left analog stick back, then forward, and then punch. You can do this in the air.
- Umbran Spear - Press the lock-on button two times. You can do this in the air.
- Witch Strike - Jump and punch. You can do this in the air.
- Witch Twist - Hold the evade button, and immediately switch to the punch button. You can do this in the air.
Battle Devil Rodin
If you finish the main campaign, you can go to the Gates of Hell and buy the Platinum Ticket for 9,999,999 Halos to battle Devil Rodin.
Dodge and Evade Attacks
- You can use ZL/ZR to dodge attacks during cutscenes - without a button prompt). This will put you in Witch Time at the start of the battle once the cutscene ends.
- Try to evade right as an enemy attack is about to hit you to enter Witch Time and put your enemies into slow-motion.
Muspelheim Portals Guide
Search the locations described below to find the hidden Muspelheim Portals, which give you additional Verses.
- Portal 1 - Verse 1 - Stay to the left beyond the plaza to find the first one.
- Portal 2 - Verse 3 - After Verse 2, stay to the left.
- Portal 3 - Verse 4 - It is on the opposite side as the Gates to Hell.
- Portal 4 - Verse 5 - Pass through the arches in the plaza and look to your left.
- Portal 5 - Verse 8 - After the battle with Valiance, go to the second floor and search the east side.
- Portal 6 - Verse 11 - After Verse 10, go back to the place where Loki was captive.
- Portal 7 - Verse 12 - After Verse 10, enter the water.
- Portal 8 - Verse 1 - When you begin, head east and look for an alley.
- Portal 9 - Verse 3 - After the tidal wave section, backtrack to Verse 2's area.
- Portal 10 - Verse 4 - Once you speak with Loki, continue forward, go outside, and search the edge.
- Portal 11 - Verse 6 - In the area where you find the Kafka LP, open the chests to find another portal.
- Portal 12 - Verse 9 - Progress through the chapter and you can't miss this one.
- Portal 13 - Verse 2 - After the battle with Fidelity, head east and climb to the top of the broken building.
- Portal 14 - Verse 4 - Backtrack to the spot where you fought in Verse 3.
- Portal 15 - Verse 6 - After the Loki cutscene, head east a little bit and then backtrack.
- Portal 16 - Verse 8 - Find the couple sitting on a bench and smash it.
- Portal 17 - Verse 2 - Enter the water and swim under the fallen building to find the portal on an island.
- Portal 18 - Verse 3 - It is within the underwater tunnel.
- Portal 19 - Verse 5 - Once the room fills with water, search the balconies.
- Portal 20 - Verse 6 - Climb out of the water, then re-enter it and swim down to the bottom.
- Portal 21 - Verse 7 - In the round room, head in the opposite direction of the stairs.
- Portal 22 - Verse 8 - Climb to the top of the staircase.
- Portal 23 - Verse 4 - After Verse 3, head east and down.
- Portal 24 - Verse 2 - After Verse 1, head left and climb up to reach a new room.
- Portal 25 - Verse 6 - Go to Inferno and find the point where the chapter began.
- Portal 26 - Verse 8 - When Loki creates his portal, look behind it.
- Portal 27 - Verse 10 - Enter the water and go to the smaller of the two rooms.
- Portal 28 - Verse 12 - Once you have the remembrance pieces, search the area.
- Portal 29 - Verse 1 - Make your way onto the floating platforms.
- Portal 30 - Verse 3 - Go inside the temple-like building and search around the pillars.
- Portal 31 - Verse 5 - At the broken staircase, go left and jump to reach a platform.
- Portal 32 - Verse 1 - Follow the left-hand path from where you start.
- Portal 33 - Verse 3 - After Verse 2, go east to the cliff top.
- Portal 34 - Verse 7 - After Verse 6, go east and climb up.
- Portal 35 - Verse 8 - After the paths fork, follow the right-hand one.
- Portal 36 - Verse 9 - This one should be right ahead of you as you progress through the chapter.
- Portal 37 - Verse 11 - After your battle with Sloth, head right.
- Portal 38 - Verse 12 - After your battle with Sloth, activate the tree and head to the area where you battled the Phantom.
- Portal 39 - Verse 1 - Instead of leaving the first building, go inside the little room and open the chest there.
- Portal 40 - Verse 2 - Search the area around the fountain.
- Portal 41 - Verse 11 - Outside of the room that contains the Crescent Moon Table, go right, head across the grating, and look around the vase.
- Portal 42 - Verse 3 - After Verse 2, examine the door.
- Portal 43 - Verse 7 - After Verse 6, follow the left-hand path.
- Portal 44 - Verse 8 - Keep following the path to find it in a small area.
- Portal 45 - Verse 3 - It is to the right of the staircase.
Journal's Echoes Guide
Search the locations described below to find all of the Journal's Echoes.
- Journal Echo 1 - Head left of the stairs and move along the path toward the docks to find it.
- Journal Echo 2 - The next one is on the upper level above the stairs.
- Journal Echo 3 - On the other side of the square, it should be near a Muspelheim.
- Journal Echo 4 - After you finish Verse 1, search the alley by the water.
- Journal Echo 5 - Just before Verse 2, look along the path behind you.
- Journal Echo 6 - Once you finish Verse 6, there should be a Witch Walk Portal nearby. The Journal Echo is in front of it.
- Journal Echo 7 - After Verse 9, search the cubicles along the right side of the church.
- Journal Echo 8 - Search the church's second room to find the last one in this chapter.
- Journal Echo 9 - After Verse 2, head left and search the area before you follow Loki.
- Journal Echo 10 - Talk to Loki in Verse 3. Watch the resulting cutscene and then go straight ahead through a set of doors to find the next Journal Echo.
- Journal Echo 11 - At the very beginning, search the hole in the roof.
- Journal Echo 12 - Save Loki, watch the cutscene, and then search the platform's right side.
- Journal Echo 13 - After Verse 3, go to the upper level, cross the water, and leave the room. There should be an Umbran Crow nearby. The Journal Echo is in front of it.
- Journal Echo 14 - In Verse 4, after you fight Pain and the water starts to rise, look around the central area.
- Journal Echo 15 - After Verse 8, pick up the Journal Echo from beyond the Muspelheim before you talk to Loki.
- Journal Echo 16 - Once you're pulled into the monster, cut through the junk behind you.
- Journal Echo 17 - The next one is right in front of where you start the chapter.
- Journal Echo 18 - After Verse 2, go up the stairs.
- Journal Echo 19 - After Verse 4, as you head through the waterfall with Loki, search the broken path to find the next one.
- Journal Echo 20 - The last one in this chapter is in the same area of the Golem battle.
- Journal Echo 21 - A Journal Echo is right in front of where you start the chapter.
- Journal Echo 22 - The next is at the end of the first centipede bridge.
- Journal Echo 23 - After Verse 1, backtrack and head outside to grab a Journal Echo.
- Journal Echo 24 - After Verse 6, backtrack to find the next one.
- Journal Echo 25 - At the start of the chapter, head left. It should be next to a treasure chest.
- Journal Echo 26 - Search the starting area of the Sacred Mountain Fimbulventr.
Umbran Crows Guide
Search the locations described below to find all of the Umbran Crows. Approach a Crow slowly to get rewards for both the game and Miiverse.
- Umbran Crow 1 - Head to the left of the stairs and follow the path toward the docks.
- Umbran Crow 2 - On the other side of the square, it should be near a Muspelheim.
- Umbran Crow 3 - In Verse 7, it should be right ahead of you after the battle with Valiance.
- Umbran Crow 4 - Talk to Loki in Verse 3. After the resulting cutscene, go through the doors ahead.
- Umbran Crow 5 - After Verse 5, smash open the door before you and head to the upper-left corner.
- Umbran Crow 6 - After you save Loki, cross the water to your left.
- Umbran Crow 7 - After Verse 3, go to the upper level, cross the water, and leave the room. It is in the doorway.
- Umbran Crow 8 - After Verse 7, go up the stairs and search the rocky area to your left.
- Umbran Crow 9 - After Verse 2, there is a small gap in the ceiling with a crow inside.
- Umbran Crow 10 - During Verse 3, pass the Gates of Hell and head left.
- Umbran Crow 11 - After Verse 9, once the water arrives, look up.
- Umbran Crow 12 - After Verse 2, search the broken column on the left side of the building in front of you.
- Umbran Crow 13 - After Verse 4, look right in front of you after you leave the portal.
- Umbran Crow 14 - After Verse 2, make your way between you and the rock formation ahead.
- Umbran Crow 15 - Right ahead of Verse 9, a Crow is right beside a Muspelheim Portal.
- Umbran Crow 16 - After Verse 1, backtrack and head outside to find the Crow sitting on a structure.
- Umbran Crow 17 - After Verse 8, as you make your way to the castle, look at the broken bridge.
- Umbran Crow 18 - After Verse 13, climb up the statues and break through the Golem Wall.
- Umbran Crow 19 - After you fight the Loptr, head back toward the edge.
- Umbran Crow 20 - After Verse 3, go to the stairs with Balder and search the left side.