Unlock DLC Items Unlockables
The Definitive Edition includes by default many costumes that were DLC in the original. To unlock and use them, open your inventory and go to the “Extra Items” tab. Select the items there to officially unlock them.
Clear Game Rewards Unlockables
There are several things that can be unlocked after or near the end of your first playthrough.
Final Boss Variant – If you collect all of the Fell Arms, you will unlock a more difficult version of the final boss. Defeating the harder version of the boss will also carry over the Fell Arms into EX New Game, letting you have them from the start.
EX New Game – Finish the game and create a clear data save file. This is new game plus.
Grade Shop – Finish the game and then load your clear data save to start an EX New Game playthrough. You will access the Grade Shop at the start.
Unknown Difficulty Mode – Unlock the Grade Shop and then buy the “Unknown Battle Rank” option.
All Grade Shop Rewards Unlockables
At the Grade Shop, you can spend grade to unlock the following features for an EX New Game playthrough:
- 1/2 Experience – 10 Grade; halves exp you earn in battle
- 10x Experience – 3,000 Grade; multiplies exp you earn in battle by 10
- 2x Gald – 600 Grade; doubles Gald you earn in battle
- 2x Grade – 3,000 Grade; doubles Grade you earn in battle
- Artes and Skills (for each individual party member) – 350 Grade each; carries over all Artes and Weapon skills you’ve learned for that character
- Artes – 1,000 Grade; carries over all Artes you’ve learned for all characters
- Battle Techniques – 50 Grade; reduces normal battle exp to 1, but multiplies bonus exp from combos by 5
- Collector’s Book – 10 Grade; carries over all Collector’s Book data
- Cooking Skill – 50 Grade; carries over Cooking skill levels for all characters
- Craft Skill – 10 Grade; carries over Synthesis skill level
- Decrease Max HP – 10 Grade; characters start with 20% less max HP
- Decrease Max TP – 10 Grade; characters start with 20% less max TP
- Double Experience – 1,000 Grade; doubles exp you earn in battle
- Enemy Book – 10 Grade; carries over all Enemy Book data
- Gald – 1,000 Grade; carries over all Gald you had at the end of the game
- Increase Item Drop Rate – 1,000 Grade; doubles your chance of items dropping after battle
- Increase Max HP – 500 Grade; characters start with 20% more max HP
- Increase Max TP – 500 Grade; characters start with 20% more max TP
- Increase Over Limit – 1,000 Grade; Over Limit gauge fills faster and enemies use it more frequently
- Items – 500 Grade; carries over all non-story items and equipment you had at the end of the game
- Max 99 Item –: 400 Grade; increases item limit to 99
- Recipes – 10 Grade; carries over all recipes you learned
- Records – 10 Grade; carries over all data from the Records menu
- Skill SP 1 – 3,000 Grade; reduces the SP needed to equip a weapon skill to 1 for all characters and skills
- Skills – 1,000 Grade; carries over all mastered weapon skills for all characters
- Titles – 500 Grade; carries overall all of the titles you got for all characters
- Unlock All Skits – 1,000 Grade; unlocks all skits at the Skit Viewer on Nam Cobanda Isle, even if you haven’t encountered the skit naturally in-game
- Unlock Battle Rank – 50 Grade; unlocks Unknown difficulty mode
- World Map – 300 Grade; carries over world map data
Dark Enforcer Unlockables
To unlock Yuri’s Dark Enforcer costume and title, you’ll need to complete several missable steps as part of a side quest.
First, sleep at the inn when you first go to Capua Torim.
Once you have the ship, return to the Royal Quarter in Zaphias and talk to Shel and Lune until you get the Kingdom Celeb title and learn Tiger Blade.
When you go to Nordopolicia, view the scene where Yuri breaks up a fight at the harbor, talk to the couple near the southern part of the town, and then sleep at the inn. You should learn Shining Eagle.
After you have Ba’ul, go to the oasis at Mantaic, talk to Clay, and then sleep at the inn.
After the Zaude section, return to the Royal Quarter again.