Max Payne Cheats on Playstation 4 (PS4)
- First Released: Jul 22, 2001
- Genres: Shooter
- Platforms: Game Boy Advance,Mac,PlayStation 2,Xbox,Xbox 360 Games Store,PlayStation Network (PS3),PC,iPhone,iPad,Android,PlayStation 4
- Developer: Remedy Entertainment Ltd.,3D Realms Entertainment,Rockstar Vienna,Rockstar Toronto,MacSoft,Rockstar Leeds
- Publisher: Rockstar Games,Gathering of Developers,Feral Interactive,Remedy Entertainment Ltd.
- Ratings: PEGI 18, ESRB M
Are you enjoying Max Payne?
Based on 5 ratings and 1 review
Click a score button below to add your rating... or even Write a review!
In the PS4 version of Max Payne, all of the original PS2 cheat codes still work exactly as they did before. Pause the game, enter the code, and then un-pause to see the effect.
- All weapons, max ammo, 8 pain killers – L1, L2, R1, R2, Triangle, Circle, X, Square
- Unlimited Bullet Time - L1, L2, R1, R2, Triangle, X, X, Triangle
- Invincibility - L1, L1, L2, L2, R1, R1, R2, R2, Triangle, Circle, X, Square
- Level Select (accessible after the subway level) - Up, Down, Left, Right, Up, Left, Down, Circle
- Slow-Motion Sound - L1, L2, R1, R2, Triangle, Square, X, Circle
Complete the game on Fugitive difficulty to unlock two more difficulty settings, Hard Boiled and Death on Arrival.
Complete the game on Fugitive difficulty to also unlock New York Minute mode, a special speed run mode that puts you on a timer.
Complete the game on Dead on Arrival difficulty to unlock a bonus level called “Last Challenge.”
Complete the “Last Challenge” bonus level to unlock a special developers’ room.
War Against RatsEaster Eggs
In Part I, Chapter 2, “Live from the Crime Scene,” you can take the enemy’s grenade and throw it into a hole in the wall near the start of the chapter. This will make the text “I had declared a war against rats” appear in your list of objectives, and you will encounter rats wielding guns once you go through the tunnel and up the stairs. If you shoot one of the lamps in the area, the rats will fight each other.
Remedy radio messageEaster Eggs
Near the ramp that leads into the underground section of the parking garage, you can climb onto the roof and shoot off the door of a small shack. Inside, you’ll drop into a room with the Rockstar logo on the wall, and a radio that plays a message from Remedy.
Popular Culture ReferencesHints
Max Payne contains numerous references to other games and pop culture, including:
- A sign that reads “All your base are…” in reference to the infamous quote/meme, “All your base are belong to us.”
- A Dopefish poster
- Computers with Duke Nukem 3D mousepads
- An enemy in “Live from the Crime Scene” whose ringtone is the theme song from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- A room you can find where a man has had a stake driven through him, with “Buff” written in blood nearby, most likely a reference to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- The chapter title “An Offer You Can’t Refuse” as a reference to The Godfather
There are numerous secret rooms you can find throughout the game that let you get more weapons, painkillers, etc. For example, in the tutorial level, you can climb up to a certain window and break through it to enter a hidden room. Check windows, doors, and other suspicious-looking areas to find secret rooms.