All Skills and Skill Tiers Unlockables
There are 45 different skills you can unlock, split into three different categories: Melee, Ranged, and Survival. Melee skills improve your melee combat, Ranged skills improve your ranged combat, and Survival skills improve your item-gathering skills.
Within each category, there are five tiers. Each tier of skills becomes available as you unlock more skills within that category. For example, once you have two Melee skills, you’ll unlock the second tier, getting four total Melee skills will unlock the third tier, six total Melee skills will unlock the fourth tier, and finally eight total Melee skills will unlock the fifth tier.
Skills can be unlocked through skill points, which you earn as you level up.
- Escape Artist – Kill smaller enemies after successfully escaping from a grapple.
- Field Repairs – Ability to repair melee weapons with scrap.
- Juice Up – Improves the initial recovery and duration of a Stamina Cocktail.
- Hard Hitter – Increase the damage of both crafted and found melee weapons.
- Busted Lip – Regenerates stamina for every melee kill.
- Talk Shit, Get Hit – Ability to perform longer combos with melee weapons.
- Lightning Reflexes – Ability to roll quickly to recover from a knockdown.
- Bull Rush – Ability to stun a normal human enemy or swarmer with a melee attack while sprinting.
- The Reckoning – Gives melee weapons a chance for a critical takedown on humans, swarmers, and newts.
- ust Roll With It – Drastically reduces stamina cost from rolling.
- Rock On – Ability to stun weaker enemies by hitting them with a rock.
- Home Run – Significantly increases the damage of both crafted and found melee weapons.J
- Retribution – Increases the chance of a critical hit or takedown by 25%.
- Switch It Up – Boot knife combos do twice the normal damage.
- Executioner – Ability to stealth attack heavy Freakers. Also adds the ability to kill heavy freakers and large animals while escaping a grapple.
- Focused Shot – Ability to activate focus while aiming a ranged weapon.
- Fight and Flight – Move and aim a ranged weapon with more precision.
- Vicious Cycle – Ability to follow a melee attack with a ranged attack for massive damage.
- Suppressing Fire – When in focus, ranged weapons will have an increased power to stop weaker enemies.
- Crowd Control – Reduces the cooldown of focus.
- Hyperfocus – Improves the initial recovery and duration of a Focus Cocktail.
- On The Move – Ability to reload ranged weapon while sprinting.
- Iron Grip – Significantly reduces ranged weapon recoil.
- Nocked Up – Significantly increases crossbow bolt damage.
- Under Pressure – No longer consume focus when reloading a ranged weapon.
- Quick Reload – Reduces the reload times for ranged weapons.
- Deadshot – Increases ranged weapon accuracy.
- Up The Ante – Increases ammo capacity for all ranged weapons.
- Two Birds, One Bullet – Increases projectile penetration for ranged weapons.
- Head Rush – Headshot kills recover health.
- Eye For Detail – Increases the time that icons display in Survival Vision.
- Hawkeyed – Plants are displayed on the Mini-map.
- Thorn In Your Side – Provides a chance to retrieve some bolts that have been fired from your crossbow.
- Eagle-Eyed – Increases the range of Survival Vision.
- Thief in the Night – Generate less noise when moving or dropping.
- Green Thumb – Ability to gather double the plants when collecting them.
- The Butcher – Increases the amount of meat gather from animals.
- Catch Your Breath – Reduces cooldown on stamina recovery.
- Ear to the Ground – Outlines enemies in Survival Vision.
- Monkey Wrench – Doubles the effectiveness of scrap while repairing the bike.
- Second Wind – Gives an extra burst of adrenaline when low on health.
- Carry That Weight – Increases the inventory space for crafting components, traps, and throwables.
- The Alchemist – Improves the initial recovery and duration of a health cocktail.
- Shape Up – Significantly increases stamina regeneration rates.
- Six Feet Over – Regain some stamina when taking damage.
You missed an obvious Easter Egg. I forget the mission, but Deacon answers back to Skizzo, "You don't need be to an expert to know The Freaks Come Out at Night.
https://youtu.be/FxwrLLlQwBw - Goregesh, 2 months ago