Massive Loop Glitch
Right about when you making your way to the crashed pilot there is a point in your running when you come across a bad guy.
After killing him you have to jump to another plank. But after trying to jump to it, the game kicks you back to the dashboard as if you had shut the console off and turned it back on.
When you start the game again, you find you have to kill the bad guy again. And it just repeats after that. A vicious loop!
Earn 10K XP and 2K Salvage in 5 Minutes
Follow the steps below to earn at least 10,000 XP and 2,000 salvage in five minutes.
- First, you must start a private multiplayer session, although you do not need the help of other players if you want to play alone.
- Once your session is created, choose Rescue mode on the Beach map.
- Choose the Survivor team,
- Next, you must customize your Loadouts. Choose the top option, set your Offensive Skill to "Second Wind," and set your Survival Skill to "Advanced Looting."
- Once you have your Loadout set, go to Match Options. The Time Limit is your choice, but you will need at least 8-10 minutes. Set "Medkits to Retrieve" to 20.
- Start the match.
- As soon as the match begins, collect the medkits by sprinting to each white waypoint, grabbing the medkit there, and returning it to the drop-off point, which will be a circular area near where you spawned. Medkits spawn randomly, but some locations will contain medkits every time.
- On your way to each medkit, pick up the salvage you pass along the way. The salvage will respawn.
- Even if you quit in between two rounds, you will keep any XP and salvage you already earned.
Easy Epic Fumble Trophy
You can easily get the "Epic Fumble" trophy in Shantytown. Just before an enemy throws dynamite at you, shoot him to make him drop it. Since there are often other enemies nearby, there is a good chance the explosion will kill two of them for the trophy.
Easy Crab Cakes Trophy
You can easily get the "Crab Cakes" trophy when you start the "Gone Missing" mission at Shipwreck Beach. Head to the beach and shoot a crab that has a pink heart on its shell. If none of the crabs have pink hearts, return to the camp, wait a minute or two, and try again to see if one has spawned.
Easy Chatterbox Trophy
To get the "Chatterbox" trophy you must listen to everything your friends have to say during each of the seven times when you can talk to them. Talk to each person until you are no longer able to. When you have heard everything an individual has to say, the auto-save icon will appear. You must hear every conversation in each of the seven moments listed below.
- Talk to Whitman before you look for 50 pieces of salvage.
- Talk to Whitman again after you get the salvage but before you repair the Axe.
- Talk to Roth after you help him during the wolf attack.
- Talk to Roth again when you meet him after you get the rope arrows, before you use the zipline.
- Talk to Sam, Reyes, and Jonah when you reach the Shipwreck Beach.
- Talk to Whitman, Sam, Jonah, and Reyes at the beach camp before you go to the Endurance to help out Alex. The first three are on the beach and Reyes is on the boat.
- Talk to Whitman, Jonah, and Reyes when you return from the Endurance.
Easy Boom Goes the Dynamite Trophy
You can easily get "Boom Goes the Dynamite" trophy in Shantytown. During the rooftop ambush, enemies will throw bundles of dynamite at you. Shoot one out of the air with your shotgun.
Solve the Secret Tomb Puzzles
There are seven secret tombs, each with a puzzle you can solve to earn a reward. Follow the instructions below to find and complete each secret tomb. If you solve all seven, you will earn the "Intellectually Superior" Achievement (Xbox One) or Trophy (PS4).
Tomb Of The Unworthy
- Tomb Location: To find the first tomb, you will need the Climbing Axe. Once you have it, go to the Mountain Village. Head to the base of the waterfall to reach the Tomb of the Unworthy camp. Use the axe to gain access to the tomb.
- Puzzle Solution: To reach the treasure chest, you need to allow the lift to rise high enough for you to climb up to it. First, use the pot or your flint (if you have it) to light the torch. There are bodies on the mesh platform. Burn them. There is still some extra weight holding down the lift. Push it off, and you will be able to reach the chest.
- Reward: Mountain Village Relic Map
Halls Of Ascension Tomb
- Tomb Location: To reach the second tomb, you will need rope arrows. Once you have them, go to the Mountain Village and head to the Overlook camp. This is the location where you previously investigated the smoke signal from the rescue plane. With your rope arrows, you can reach the northern ledge. From there, follow the upper route until you see the tomb entrance. Use another rope arrow to reach it.
- Puzzle Solution: On the left side of the room is an open window controlled by a crank. In the center of the room, a platform hangs suspended by ropes. First, use the crank to close the window shutter. Next, use the crank in the center to raise the platform. As the platform rises, the shutters will begin to open again. Once the platform is high enough, run onto it. When the second shutter opens, wind will blow the platform to the right. Jump from the platform and grab the ledge to the right. Make your way across the ledges until you reach a hallway. The treasure chest is at the end.
- Reward: Mountain Village GPS Cache Map
Well Of Tears
- Tomb Location: For the third tomb, you will also need rope arrows. Once you have them, go to Shantytown and head to the Helicopter Hill camp. When you reach a boobytrapped building covered in white murals, destroy the floor and drop down into a cave. Make your way to the tomb entrance and use your rope arrows to enter.
- Puzzle Solution: A platform hangs above you. Pick up each yellow canister and throw them up to the platform. Their weight will weigh it down. When it reaches the ground, get on and get rid of the canisters. Step off, and the platform will start to rise. Get onto the upper ledge and jump on the platform again. Before it can lower, jump to the left ledge. From there, you can make your way to the treasure chest.
- Reward: Shantytown Relic Map
Chamber Of Judgement
- Tomb Location: Go to Shantytown and head to the Windmill camp. Make your way to the eastern caves, located beneath the gondola station to the south. Slide down until you reach the ledges. Climb up and take the right passageway. The tomb entrance is on the other side of the wooden bridge.
- Puzzle Solution: You will need rope arrows and the Climbing Axe to solve this puzzle. First, use the yellow canisters to weigh town the raised side of the seesaw. Jump onto one, use your rope arrow on the other, and use the seesaw to reach the rock wall. Use your axe to help you along the wall until you reach a ladder. Climb the ladder to find the treasure chest.
- Reward: Shantytown GPS Cache Map
- Tomb Location: Go to the Summit Forest and head to the Hunting Lodge camp. From there, head north. Beyond the bridge, you will notice a lamppost. The tomb entrance is right beside it.
- Puzzle Solution: Use a fire arrow to explode the gas in the tomb. Cross through that area and use a second fire arrow to blow up the explosive crates that block your path. Once the way is clear, you just have to climb up the wall to find the treasure chest.
- Reward: Summit Forest Relic Map
Temple Of The Handmaidens
- Tomb Location: You will need the Rope Ascender and rope arrows to access the sixth tomb. Go to Shipwreck Beach and then to the Survivor's camp. North of the camp, use the zipline to reach a path blocked by a barricade. Break down the barricade with the Rope Ascender and continue forward until you see the cave. Use rope arrows to reach the cave, and then make your way to the tomb.
- Puzzle Solution: You will also need the Climbing Axe to solve the puzzle. Turn the crank near the entrance. It will raise up a platform and move the buoy to the left. Head to the left and use the buoy to help your cross the gap. There is a white roped beam below you. Use a rope arrow on it. Once the buoy is in position, move the beam until it is perpendicular to you. When everything is in position, you can jump up to a rock wall. Use the Climbing Axe to reach the treasure chest.
- Reward: Shipwreck Beach GPS Cache Map
The Flooded Vault
- Tomb Location: For the final tomb, you will need to use the Climbing Axe, the Prying Axe, and rope arrows. Go to Shipwreck Beach and climb up to the top of the Cliffside Bunker. From there, a passage leads to the tomb entrance.
- Puzzle Solution: As you go up the stairs, press the button you pass. There is another button near the tomb entrance. Press it as well. Within the tomb, you will see a platform floating on the water. The water itself is charge with electricity. First, burn the anchor rope holding the platform in place. Next use your shotgun to shoot the barrier to your right, which will blow an opening in the barrier. Fire a rope arrow through that opening at the platform. Pull the platform up to the steps. Use more rope arrows on the beam at the other side of the room. Pull the beam to lift the generator out of the water and stop the electricity. Once the generator is up, jump onto the platform. Pull the generator up again and continue through the water. Pull the generator up a third time and maneuver the platform beneath it, so that you can cross the water the entire way to the area that holds the treasure chest.
- Reward: Shipwreck Beach Relic Map
All the Treasure Map Locations
Treasure maps display the locations of relics, GPS caches, and documents on your in-game map and allow you to set waypoints for them. Fourteen treasure maps are hidden across the world. If you buy the Tier III survival skill "Cartographer," all of the map locations will be marked, but you can search the locations described below to find them without that skill.
Location: Coastal Forest
Go to the east and find the waterfall with a broken down bridge by it. A wooden plank juts out from a nearby rock ledge. Head onto the plank and jump to the bridge. From there, jump to a wooden platform on a tree. The treasure map is there, on top of a crate.
Location: Mountain Temple
You will climb up a ladder and see an old, ruined building. From there, go down the left path until you find a waterfall. Jump into the water. There is a secret cave at the bottom, and if you make your way through it, you will find a hidden area. The treasure map sits on top of a crate.
Location: Base Exterior
Use the zipline at the Radio Tower Camp to head east, toward a building below. When you land, you will be near a burning trash can. Search behind it to find the treasure map.
Location: Mountain Village
Find the secret Tomb Of The Unworthy and solve its puzzle to get the treasure map.
Find the secret Halls Of Ascension tomb and solve its puzzle to get the treasure map.
Find the secret Well Of Tears tomb and solve its puzzle to get the treasure map.
Find the secret Chamber Of Judgement tomb and solve its puzzle to get the treasure map.
Location: Shipwreck Beach
Find the secret Temple Of The Handmaiden tomb and solve its puzzle to get the treasure map.
Find the secret The Flooded Vault tomb and solve its puzzle to get the treasure map.
Location: Geothermal Caverns
Start at the Catacombs camp and head north. When you reach a cage with wooden beams above it, climb them until you find a hidden platform. Search the area to find the treasure map.
Location: Cliffside Bunker
When you get the Rope Ascender, return here and find the room that contains the cannon and barrier. Break the wall with the Rope Ascender and head through to find the treasure map.
Location: Summit Forest
Find the secret Stormguard Sanctum tomb to get the treasure map.
Location: Research Base
First, you must drop the elevator. Go to the base's first level and head through the gaps in the wall. Follow the tracks beyond until you reach a striped circular device. Keep going. There are some crates nearby, and the treasure map is on top of them.
Location: Chasm Shrine
When you reach the room with the large pendulum, you must use the walkways, ramps, and ladder rungs to climb up to the very top. Once there, the final treasure map rests on a table to the right.