Here are some loot codes for Destiny. To use them, you need to head over to http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption and redeem them.
What they unlock is currently unknown, but it will most likely be some special in-game items. Enjoy!
Rixis, Archon Slayer: TCN-HCD-TGY
Old Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
The Towers: 69P-VCH-337
Hive: Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the Kings: Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
S-22 Nomad, Cavalier, or Seeker speeder - You must find all of the gold chests in Old Russia, on Earth. The speeder you receive depends on your class.
Simply head over to http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption and redeem the codes below!
- 7MM-VPD-MHP - Shader: Double Banshee
- RXC-9XJ-4MH - Shader: Oracle 99
- FJ9-LAM-67F - Emblem: Binding Focus
- JD7-4CM-HJG - Emblem: Illusion of Light
- JDT-NLC-JKM - Emblem: Ab Aeterno
- JNX-DMH-XLA - Emblem: Field of Light
- 7CP-94V-LFP - Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge
There is a soccer ball you can play with in the Tower, by the crates in the left area.
There is also a purple ball you can play with in the Tower, which descends very slowly when knocked into the air. It can appear at one of two places: on a table beside Master Rahool's shop, or to the right of the Bounty Tracker.
Master Chief from Halo
During the Mars Strike mission, head around the back of the command center and look up at it from an angle. It resembles the Master Chief, from the Halo series previously owned by Bungie.
In the first cutscene, the Destiny logo is printed in the astronaut's footprint.
Rocketyard Loot Farming Location
To farm loot and quickly collect Legendary engrams, head to the Rocketyard area of Old Russia. Find a cave enemies emerge from and position yourself far enough from it so that they will respawn in unending waves when you defeat them. Fight them until they have dropped a reasonable amount of loot, and then grab it all.
Unlimited Sparrows from The Dark Below
First buy the Dark Below, and then go to the post master and collect your gear and sparrow.
Then go to the specials master and there are unlimited sparrows for you and your characters.
If you use an Ether Seed, which enemies may drop, you'll earn extra glimmer for 10 minutes.
Go to the tower and head to the gunsmith.
Purchase the uncommon shotgun Preacher Mkl and go to Venus.
Kill Praerton, or whatever his name is outside of the Vog raid using that shotgun.
He will drop 10,000 glimmer each time you kill him with Preacher Mkl!
Earn 12 Strange Coins Each Week
You can earn 12 Strange Coins a week by completing the Level 22 Heroic Strike - 3 Strange Coins), the Level 26 Heroic Strike - 3 Strange Coins), and the Level 28 Heroic Strike - 6 Strange Coins). You also may find them as rare mission rewards or in engram/gold chests.
Take your Strange Coins to the Tower and exchange them with Xur, Agent of the 9, for special Sparrow and weapon upgrades. Xur is only in the Tower from 9:00 AM on Fridays to 9:00 AM on Sundays. He is in the Hall of Guardians, in the same area as the Crucible quartermaster.
Auto Ammo Replenish
The ammo in your primary weapon and some ammo in your special/heavy weapons will replenish itself if you stand idle for 45 seconds.
- Find the place where you play The Dark Within. Kill the enemies there.
- Search around until on your radar see an enemy blip. Go to it.
- You will find a Thrall in a corner named "Servant of the Hand". Kill it.
- In the bottom left corner you will see "The Servant of the Hand has been disturbed." It will start doing all this freaky stuff.
- Don't worry, just pay attention to the enemies. There will be a bunch of Thralls. Kill them.
- At the end there will be a Blade of Crota. Kill that. You will get the Blade of Crota and guaranteed engram(s).
Hit the jump button a third time after double jumping to deactivate your boosters and land quickly.
Loot Cave in Old Russia
To quickly get loot, especially high-level gear, go to Earth and find the cave at Skywatch in Old Russia. There will probably be players already there, making use of this trick. Hive Acolytes and Thralls spawn in waves from the cave and rush out. Kill them before they find cover, but don't head in for the loot just yet. Remain just far enough away, and the waves will spawn over and over again. Eventually, they'll have dropped a ton of loot for you to collect.
This method can also be used to build up a lot of glimmer, especially if you use the Black Wax Idol items, which increase the glimmer you get from killing Hive enemies.
Kill 2,500 Enemies then Collect Upgrade Materials
Getting 2500 kills on a planets doubles the upgrade materials you can collect from that planet. For example, if you kill 2500 enemies on Earth, and then collect a spinmetal plant, you will receive 2 spinmetals instead of one.
How to Get Legendary and Exotic Gear
Use the tips below to get Legendary and Exotic gear.
- Go to the central areas of the Tower and talk to Xander to receive PvP bounties. By performing certain PvP tasks, you will sometimes be rewarded with Legendary gear.
- Accept PvE bounties, which also sometimes reward you with Legendary gear.
- Legendary and Exotic items are often rewards for the weekly Raid and Nightfall Activities.
- Accept Vanguard bounties, play missions from the Strike Playlist, complete Public Events, and give materials to Roni. You'll earn Vanguard Marks for all of these things. Vanguard Marks are a form of payment for which you can get Legendary Vanguard gear.
- Once you've accepted and completed many bounties, you might receive an Exotic Weapon Bounty. These bounties will reward you with Exotic Weapons. "A Voice in the Wilderness" is an example of one of these special bounties.
- Collect Strange Coins and exchange them with Xur for Legendary/Exotic gear.
- Gather Motes of Light, which can be found as random drops. Additionally, once you're Level 20, experience points will earn you Motes of Light, as well. You can give them to the Speaker to buy high-level items or give them to Xur in exchange for Exotic engrams. If you decrypt an Exotic engram, you will receive a good reward.
Glimmer from Gear
Disassemble unwanted gear in your inventory to break it down into materials and glimmer.
Tower Sprint Jump
In the Tower, sprint, jump, and jump again the moment you land. By repeating jumps, your momentum will let you move faster than you can sprint.
Unlock All Badges Guide
Perform the tasks indicated below to receive badges.
- A Friend Indeed - Revive 5 players.
- A New Steed - Equip a different personal vehicle.
- Ask Questions Later - Get the first-strike kill in a PvP match.
- Bane Of The Dead - Kill 25 Hive enemies with precision shots in one mission, without dying yourself.
- Bane Of The Emperor - Kill 25 Cabal enemies with precision shots in one mission, without dying yourself.
- Bane Of The Kell - Kill 25 Fallen enemies with precision shots in one mission, without dying yourself.
- Bane Of The Machines - Kill 25 Vex enemies with precision shots in one mission, without dying yourself.
- Blink of an Eye - Within three seconds, get five kills.
- Change of Heart - Go to your upgrade grid and alter one of your choices.
- Decryptologist - Decrypt 25 Engrams.
- Dragon Slayer - Defeat a champion of the Dark.
- Epic Raider - Finish a Raid on Hard difficulty.
- Excessive Force - Equip a heavy weapon and use it to kill 25 opponents in a PvP match.
- Finders Keepers - Help get 50 capture points in Control.
- Flawless Striker - Complete a Strike without anyone on your Fireteam dying.
- Fully Weaponized - Get all the upgrades for a Legendary weapon.
- Ghost Hunter - Discover 50 dead ghosts.
- Giant Slayer - Kill 100 Titans in a PvP match.
- Hunter Killer - Kill 100 Hunters in a PvP match.
- Hunter Mastery - Get all the upgrades for a Hunter subclass.
- Inspector - Inspect someone.
- Lucky 7s - Raise your Grimoire score to 777.
- Notorious - Get the maximum weekly Crucible score.
- Packing Heat - Get all the upgrades for an Exotic weapon.
- Public Defender - In 10 public events, reach the top completion tier.
- Raider - Complete a Raid.
- Raiding Party - Complete a Raid with a full Fireteam from your clan.
- Relic Hunter - Help get 20 capture points in Salvage.
- Rising Vanguard - Complete a Strike mission.
- Ship Rite - Put a Jumpship back together.
- Strength Of The Pack - Complete a Strike mission with a full Fireteam from your clan.
- Suited For War - Equip Legendary/Exotic weapons and armor in every slot.
- The Life Exotic - Equip Exotic gear.
- Titan Mastery - Get all the upgrades for a Titan subclass.
- Triple Play - Kill a Hunter, a Titan, and a Warlock without dying yourself in a PvP match.
- Use Of Weapons - Dismantle 50 pieces of armor/weapons.
- Valorous - Get the maximum weekly Vanguard score.
- Vanguard Honor - Earn Vanguard Rank 3.
- Warlock Mastery - Get all the upgrades for a Warlock subclass.
- Witch Hunt - Kill 100 Warlocks in a PvP match.
Legendary Engrams Loot Guide
To pick up a lot of excellent loot, including Legendary engrams, follow the steps below.
- Go to Earth's Cosmodrone. The building in front of your spawn point is your destination.
- First, clear the surrounding area of enemies.
- Enter the building and fight the enemies in it.
- Go to the stairs and stand on the first few steps. Enemies will spawn in the area at the top of the stairs.
- Defeat them, and return to your spot the stairs. They will respawn.
- Defeat them again. You can keep this up until you hear the sound of a ship outside. It has brought new enemies to the surrounding area.
- Leave the building and defeat the new enemies.
- Return to the building and repeat the process as before. Keep defeating enemies and letting them respawn for as long as you need.
Armor Shader Color Guide
You can buy and earn different armor shaders to change the color of your armor.
- Double Banshee - This makes your armor blue and is redeemed through a code.
- Oracle 99 - This makes your armor gold and blue and is redeemed through a code.
- Polar Oak - This makes your armor green and white and is obtained from Eva Levante in the North part of the Tower.
- Jester Apogee - This makes your armor purple and gold and is obtained from Eva Levante in the North part of the Tower.
- Provincial Royale - This makes your armor pink and teal and is obtained from Eva Levante in the North part of the Tower.
- Aurora Blur - This makes your armor pink and is obtained from Eva Levante in the North part of the Tower.
- Gilgamesh - This makes your armor dark blue and orange and is a PvP reward.
- Achilles - This makes your armor orange and silver and is a PvP reward.
- God of War - This makes your armor red and is a PvP reward.
- Cicero - This makes your armor blue and orange and is a PvP reward.
- Bloodpact - This makes your armor white and gold and is a PvP reward.
- Beowulf - This makes your armor orange and silver and is a PvP reward.
Earn 1,000 Glimmer Every 10 Minutes
Follow the steps below to earn about 1,000 glimmer every 10 minutes.
- Get some Ether Seeds ready and start the Level 4 mission "The Warmind."
- Once the Ghost interacts with the Warmind, an objective will appear for you. Use an Ether Seed and then go to the objective to trigger waves of enemies.
- Fight them. When the Boss appears, you can kill it for its item and glimmer drops, but make sure at least one enemy is still alive. Let that enemy kill you.
- You'll respawn at the checkpoint with your glimmer, at which point you can start the fight again.
- When 10 minutes are up, use another Ether Seed.
Perform the tasks indicated below to receive medals.
- Angel Of Light - Revive 5 other players in one life.
- Blast Shield - Cast Ward of Dawn within two seconds of using it to block fatal damage.
- Cry Havoc - Get 3 kills with one Fist of Havoc.
- Get It Off! - Get a kill by sticking a grenade on an opponent.
- Gutted - Get 3 kills with one Arc Blade charge.
- I See You - Defeat an enemy who is invisible.
- Medic! - Rapidly revive two players.
- Overwatch - Protect an ally from the enemy's attacks.
- Scorched Earth - With Radiance in use, get 3 kills with grenades.
- Space Magic - Get 3 kills with one Nova Bomb.
- Stick Around - Throw a knife and get a headshot to kill an enemy.
- Way Of The Gun - Kill 3 enemies with 1 Golden Gun charge.
- Disruption - Neutralize your opponent's probe in Salvage.
- Hat Trick - Take control of 3 control zones in one life.
- Lockdown - Keep 3 control zones under your team's control for a full minute - 60 seconds).
- Lone Wolf - Get the highest score of your team in a team game, without having had any assists.
- Nail The Coffin - Score the points that win the match.
- Objectively Correct - Capture more zones than any other player in Control.
- On The Bright Side... - Get the highest score in a match even when your team loses.
- Relic Hunter - Help capture 3 relic zones in Salvage.
- Saboteur - Neutralize more probes than other players in Salvage.
- Salvage Crew - As a team, salvage 3 relics in one match.
- The Best... Around - Get the highest score in a match your team wins.
- Breaker - Rapidly get 4 kills.
- Buckshot Bruiser - Get 3 Shotgun kills without reloading it or switching to a different weapon.
- Clean Sweep - Rapidly get 3 kills by the enemy probe.
- Double Down - Rapidly get 2 kills.
- Machine Lord - Get 3 Machine Gun kills without reloading it or switching to a different weapon.
- Marksman - Get 2 headshot kills with your Sniper without reloading it or switching to a different weapon.
- Master Blaster - Get 3 Fusion Rifle kills without reloading it or switching to a different weapon.
- Reaper - Rapidly get 6 kills.
- Seventh Column - Rapidly get 7 kills.
- Slayer - Rapidly get 5 kills.
- Splash Damage - Get 3 Rocket kills without reloading it or switching to a different weapon.
- Triple Down - Rapidly get 3 kills.
- Back In Action - Don't get any kills for five lives straight, and then get a kill.
- Bulldozer - Run over an enemy with an Interceptor.
- Domination - Get a kill while your team holds 3 control zones.
- End Of The Line - Kill an enemy who has a kill streak of 15 or higher.
- Enforcer - End an enemy's kill streak.
- First Blood - Get the first kill of the match.
- Hazard Pay - Get a kill using an explosive object.
- Im-probe-able - Get a kill by the allied probe.
- Narrow Escape - When someone almost kills you, kill that enemy instead.
- Never Speak of this Again - Run over an enemy with a Sparrow.
- Postmortem - Die and then kill an enemy.
- Skewered - Run over an enemy with a Pike.
- Uprising - Kill the leader of the match a total of three times.
- At Any Cost - Get 3 kills in one life while taking a control zone.
- Bullseye - Get 3 headshot kills in one life.
- Chariot of Fire - Get 5 kills in the Interceptor in one life.
- Dead Man's Hand - Get 5 headshot kills using the Hand Cannon in one life.
- Defender - Get 5 zone defense kills in one life.
- Enemy Of My Enemy - Get 3 enemies in crossfire in one life.
- Fallen Angels - Get 5 kills in the Pike in one life.
- Gunner - Get 5 kills from the turret in one life.
- Mark Of The Unbroken - Get 15 kills or more in a match, without letting anyone kill or down you.
- Merciless - Get 5 kills in one life.
- Reign Of Terror - Get 15 kills in one life.
- Relentless - Get 10 kills in one life.
- Strength Of The Wolf - As a team, get 10 kills without any deaths on your side.
- Unsung Hero - Get 3 assist kills in one life.
- Alone At The Top - Win a match of Rumble.
- Clutch - Remain behind until the final 2 seconds of the match, and then achieve victory.
- Comeback - Remain behind either until the other side is about to win, or by 500, and then achieve victory.
- Decisive Victory - Your team must get a score double that of the other team, in a match that hits the score limit.
- Heartbreaker - Win a match of Rumble in overtime.
- Shut Out - Don't let your opponents salvage any relics.
- Sum Of All Tears - Win a match of Rumble with a score higher than that of your opponents' scores combined.
- Victory - Win a match.
- Won't Be Beat - In a match of Rumble, remain behind either until the other side is about to win, or by 500, and then achieve victory.
- Zero Hour - Win a match in overtime.
Upgrade Material Locations Guide
To upgrade your equipment, you'll need spinmetal, helium filaments, spirit bloom, relic iron, ascendant energy, ascendant motes, and ascendant shards, depending on the type of equipment and upgrades in question.
Type - Spinmetal
Appearance - Silver-green plant on a reddish base
Location - Earth
To find spinmetal, you should go to Old Russia's Cosmodrone. There, head right until you reach all of the old, rusted machinery. Spinmetal spawns in this area. Chests in the area's caves will also contain spinmetal.
Type - Helium Filaments
Appearance - Cylindrical canisters with a yellow glow
Location - Moon
To find helium filaments, you should go to Archer's Line. They spawn in a few different locations. First, check the ledge to the right of where you spawn. Then, continue upward along the path, and check the room at the end. Next, go left and search the area on the other side of the barrier. Check the particle accelerator and the areas on top of it. The area's caves may also have chests containing helium filaments.
Type - Spirit Bloom
Appearance - Substance with a blue-green glow
Location - Venus
To find spirit bloom, go to the Ishtar Sinks and start at the Headlands. Check that area, and everything between it and the Shattered Coast. Look around the Shattered Coast as well, and then the Ishtar Commons. It is a common spawn in these areas. Chests on nearby ledges may also contain spirit bloom.
Type - Relic Iron
Appearance - Red-brown mineral or rock
Location - Mars
To find relic iron you can either search all throughout the Barrens or go to the Buried City. If you choose the Buried City, begin from the Scablands. Relic iron spawns in three main locations there. Enter the Buried City and head left to the next room. Search it, and then leave the building. Enter the area on the left side of the sand dune, and search it. Search the area to the left of that building, as well.
Type - Ascendant Energy
Effect - Increase weapon power
Ascendant Energy is a reward for performing Raids, daily missions with a difficulty higher than level 20, and public events. You may also receive it when you dismantle high-level weapons.
Type - Ascendant Motes
Effect - Upgrade Legendary/Exotic gear
Ascendant Motes are rewards for performing Raids, daily missions with a difficulty higher than level 20, and public events. They are also rare enemy drops.
Type - Ascendant Shards
Effect - Increase armor defense
Ascendant Shards are rewards for performing Raids, daily missions with a difficulty higher than level 20, and public events. You may also receive them when you dismantle high-level weapons.
Exotic Weapon Bounty Guide
Each Exotic Weapon Bounty is a difficult mission that rewards you with a specific Exotic weapon. Each mission will have a series of steps you must follow, given by the character who grants the quest.
"A Voice in the Wilderness" - This bounty rewards you with the Exotic Machine Gun called Super Good Advice. To complete it, you must earn An Enthusiastic Gun by getting 500 machine gun kills, get A Mournful Gun from loot caches on Mars, using a Strange Coin to buy an ammunition module from Xur, Agent of the Nine, and taking the frame to the Gunsmith. Alternately, if you find A Recalcitrant Gun on Mars, you can complete this bounty by taking it to the Gunsmith, using a Strange Coin to buy an ammunition module from Xur, getting 500 machine gun kills, and taking the frame to the Gunsmith.
"A Light in the Dark" - This bounty rewards you with the Exotic Handgun called Thorn. To complete it, you must finish the Moon's "Summoning Pit" Strike, earn 500 points fighting the Hive on the Moon (2 point for a regular kill and 20 for a Hallowed Knight kill), earning 500 points fighting Guardians with Void Damage in the Crucible (5 points for a kill, -2 points if you die), use a Mote of Light to buy an Infusion of Light from the Speaker, and defeat Xyor the Unwed in the Level 26 special version of "Summoning Pit."
"An Unknown Patron" - This bounty rewards you with the Exotic Scout Rifle called Fate of All Fools. To complete it, you must win 5 Crucible matches, achieve feats of skill in the Crucible until you complete the First Test, trade Motes of Light for Osiris Coins, use the Osiris Coins to enter the Trials of Osiris, win either 10 consecutive times or 25 times, and get enough kills, headshots, and killing sprees to complete the Third Test.
"Shattered Memory Fragment" - This bounty rewards you with the Exotic Fusion Rifle called Pocket Infinity. To complete it, you must go to Venus and find the broken-down Ghost at the Shattered Coast, play a heroic story mission and defeat a Vex Gate Lord, take apart 10 standard Fusion Rifles that are rare or better, and use a Fusion Rifle to kill 200 enemies in the weekly Nightfall mission.
"Toland's Legacy" - This bounty rewards you with the Exotic Pulse Rifle called Bad Juju. To complete it, you must finish a heroic or epic Strike, finish 25 total Strikes, use a Strange Coin to buy a weapon frame infused with darkness from Xur, Agent of the Nine, and earn 10,000 points from battling in the Crucible.
"A Dubious Task" - This bounty rewards you with the Exotic Shotgun called Invective. You complete it, you must finish 5 Strikes without dying, achieve a 25 Kills to Death ratio at the Crucible, finish the weekly Heroic Strike, and exchange 50 special weapon ammo packs with the Gunsmith to get an Invective component (if you need special weapon ammo packs, the Gunsmith sells them).
Each Exotic Weapon Bounty is a difficult mission that rewards you with a specific Exotic weapon. Each mission will have a series of steps you must follow, given by the character who grants the quest.
Earn 4,000 Glimmer Every 10 Minutes
Follow the steps below to earn about 4,000 glimmer every 10 minutes.
- Start the Level 14 mission "Shrine of Onyx."
- When the Ghost says you need to find a way to the shrine, Hallowed Acolyte enemies will appear.
- Use an Ether Seed.
- Fight both groups of Hallowed Acolytes.
- Near the left wall, there is a pit. Jump into it to die and respawn at the nearby checkpoint with your glimmer, at which point you and trigger the encounter again.
- When 10 minutes are up, use another Ether Seed.
Gold Chests Location Guide
Every location has 5 gold chests, with a bonus reward for players who open all 5.
- Earth Gold Chest 1 - It sits on the desk in a little room before the boss in the cosmodrone during "Restoration."
- Earth Gold Chest 2 - It is on the rooftop to the left during the wizard battle in "The Dark Within," accessible through use of a double jump.
- Earth Gold Chest 3 - It is in a cave along the path leading through the canyon on the way to the Forgotten Shore.
- Earth Gold Chest 4 - It is at the Forgotten Shore. Start at the broken bridge, and then go through the water left along the rocks until you're under the bridge. There, use a double jump to pass the rocks and reach a path that leads to the chest.
- Earth Gold Chest 5 - It is near the stairs on the platform beneath where you begin the final battle of the "Devil's Lair" Strike Mission.
- Moon Gold Chest 1 - It is on the bottom level of the cave in "The World's Grave," accessible by jumping from the area in which you find the cocoons. Make your way through the water to find it.
- Moon Gold Chest 2 - It is on top of a rock behind the ramp near the gas-filled crater, further along the road beyond the objective marker.
- Moon Gold Chest 3 - It is along the rock wall during the sequence where you must defend your Ghost in "The World's Grave."
- Moon Gold Chest 4 - It is in the temple in "Chamber of Night." Continue down until you can follow the ramp to the Hive ship. The second ramp leads to a ledge on the right you can jump to, which will allow you to cross additional ledges to reach the chest.
- Moon Gold Chest 5 - It is on the platform near the pillars, at the edge of the boss battle room in "The Summoning Pits" Strike Mission.
- Venus Gold Chest 1 - It is by a pillar, unsubmerged, shortly before the Ishtar Academy in "The Stranger's Call."
- Venus Gold Chest 2 - It is behind the orange building by the radio tower at Campus 9 in the "Ishtar Collective."
- Venus Gold Chest 3 - It can be reached from the Ishtar Commons area in "The Archive." Start at the top of the ship, and enter the door underneath the sign marked with a blue circle. Follow the path until the N/Gen branch, where you should leave and go through the door on the right, to find the chest in a cubicle.
- Venus Gold Chest 4 - It is accessible by jumping from the rightmost of the two light rods found after the fight with the Kell guards and during your search for Draksis in "Scourge of Winter."
- Venus Gold Chest 5 - It is within the Ketch ship, in the lower right area from where you enter, in the "Winter's Run" Strike Mission.
- Mars Gold Chest 1 - It is on top of the crates in the building to the right after you encounter the Legion in "Exclusion Zone."
- Mars Gold Chest 2 - It is accessible near the exit from the tunnel leading to the Hollows. After you pass the ramp, look around for an opening. Jump through it onto a metallic platform. From the corner, you can double jump onto a ledge. Crouch to access the chest.
- Mars Gold Chest 3 - It is behind the desk in the room reached through the door near the "3" at the start of the "Dusk Palace" Strike Mission.
- Mars Gold Chest 4 - It can be found after the ambush in "The Garden's Spire." There is a platform above some crates and pipes. Jump onto the crates, then onto the pipes, and then onto the platform. Go to the next platform, and then keep going until you reach the chest.
- Mars Gold Chest 5 - It is behind a grate in the room near the warp gate you must destroy by the train car in "Rising Tide."