It turns out that you don’t necessarily need one of the new Playstation Eye cameras to use voice commands on the Playstation 4, it will quite happily do what you tell it to provided you use at least one set of the following magic words…
- PlayStation, go home – head back to the PS4 home screen
- PlayStation, take screenshot – take a screenshot
- PlayStation, log in – logs you in to PSN
- PlayStation, power, standby – enter the PS4 into standby mode
- PlayStation, [game name] – launch the relevant game
So there you go, it will be interesting to see if it turns out the Xbox One can also receive and respond to some voice commands with the Kinect. We haven’t heard of this being possible yet, but you never know once the device hits the general gaming public this Friday and people start exploring!