The first game sales figures for the Playstation 4′s opening two days are in and Call of Duty: Ghosts is leading the pack with over 700,000 units sold. That means that approximately 70% of all new PS4 owners purchased the controversial title.
The sales data covers the Friday of the PS4′s release and also the following Saturday, and reads as follows:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – 703,638 units
- Battlefield 4 – 396,187 units
- Killzone: Shadow Fall – 355,148 units
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – 345,176 units
- Madden NFL 25 – 133,176 units
- NBA 2K14 – 111,674 units
- Knack – 102,749 units
- Need for Speed Rivals – 94,157 units
- FIFA Soccer 14 – 77,914 units
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – 32,188 units
The top 10 chart above looks pretty much like expected to us, except for Madden 25 managing to out-sell NBA 2K14. Based on all the pre-launch hype about NBA 2K14′s graphics (and it’s seemingly superior comparisons to EA’s football title) we were sure that the basketball sim would win out. Also Killzone was the obvious stand-out exclusive game for the PS4, coming in at third place.