This morning, an unexpected sight met the eyes of players who visited the PlayStation Store’s website. The Day 1 Digital Edition of The Last of Us Remaster was boldly displayed, despite no official announcement that it even existed. At the time, the link didn’t work, suggesting the ad wasn’t supposed to be there yet.
It’s not every day Sony’s own store leaks a major announcement.
A few hours later, SCE Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida officially confirmed it.
"SCEA can confirm The Last of Us Remastered is coming to PS4, and we'll be sharing more details with you shortly." – by SCEA PR team
— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) April 9, 2014
The Last of Us Remastered will include the main game, the Left Behind DLC, the Abandoned Territories map pack, the new Reclaimed Territories map pack, and a director’s commentary featuring Creative Director and Writer Neil Druckmann, voice actor Troy Baker, and voice actor Ashley Johnson. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson voice Joel and Ellie, respectively.
Sony also announced the preorder bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Preorders from the PlayStation Store will also receive:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
The game will have a resolution of 1080p. Although the frame rate isn’t set yet, Naughty Dog is “targeting” 60 fps.
The Last of Us was a huge success, so this sounds like a smart move for Naughty Dog and great news for fans. If you wanted to play the game but didn’t get a chance, or if you’d just like to play it again with enhanced graphics, now’s your chance. Are you planning to buy it?