Financial analysis firm Cowen & Co has developed what it calls it’s “video game odometer” – basically a system designed to tell you how well a game will sell compared to others once it is launched. Or put another way, a method to track pre-orders.
Cowen just released the latest version of its report which has Call of Duty: Ghosts coming in top spot with an “odometer score” of 73. Note this is less than the “odometer score” that Call of Duty: Black Ops II received (it got 100), indicating that demand for COD Ghosts may not be as high this time around.
We’ve set out the top 10 list below, and found it very interesting to note that Grand Theft Auto V is down in third place with a score of only 58.4. To be honest I don’t know anyone that has a PS3 or Xbox 360 and isn’t going to purchase that game! Was also shocked to see Diablo III (the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions) ranked so highly.
What do you think of the Cowen list? Does it reflect your thoughts on upcoming games?
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Watch Dogs (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Killzone 4: Shadow Fall (PS4)
- Assassin’s Creed IV (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One)
- Diablo III (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Batman: Arkham Origins (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Dead Rising 3 (Xbox One)